Since I spend WAAAAAAY too much time in downtown KC now, I thought it would be a good idea to get out and see what's down here. After all, eating lunch at my desk is a pretty damn boring thing to do.
One of my favorite new things is walking over for noon Mass here. It's a beautiful church, and unlike Sunday Mass when I'm being more of a referee between Nicholas & Erin than actually paying attention to the service, I can actually observe and appreciate the time. Lovely church.
And today--the priest had this amazing voice, one that you normally hear announcing coming attractions at the movies--deep, authoritative, soothing, mesmerizing and inspiring all at the same time. I could have listened to him talk all day long.
The downfall to working downtown, though, are the panhandlers. Right behind my office building, where I catch the bus, is where the homeless or otherwise non-working population of downtown congregate. And they approach and beg for "help". that is something that I have never missed about Chicago, and I'm not liking it here either.
3 comments:
Good places to eat downtown.
1. Delaware Street cafe
2. 1924 Main
What a beautiful church and a great idea to do over your lunchtime lisa.
Thanks Schaun. I'll have to check those out sometime.
Post a Comment